This is just a really quick pre-birthday blog post. Before each birthday I take a little bit of time to reflect on the past year and congratulate myself on how much I’ve changed in the last year. I thought I’d blog this year’s list.
- I was accepted to the University of Georgia. Not that I didn’t expect to get in, but it was definitely a big step to know that an institution of higher learning actually wanted me.
- I was the CHS Page One nominee. I know that this means next to nothing to the majority of my readers, but this nomination meant so much to me. I never thought that I could be the girl who was recognized for her accomplishments.
- I experienced a grown-up pain, the kind that wakes you up and shakes you in your boots and forces you to reevaluate all of your previous beliefs. And I learned to accept truth in others.
- I started this blog! This silly little web page has brought me so much joy over the last ten months.
- I made a 5 on my AP Lit exam. I never, ever thought that I was capable of scoring perfectly on an AP exam, but I did it. I’m still so proud of myself, even though it happened six months ago.
- I graduated high school. Yeah, I know mostly everyone graduates high school…but again, it’s just a big deal that it actually happened.
- I reconnected with my best friend from childhood. We’re still the same.
- I joined a sorority. I never thought I would be that girl…but here I am. Every time I get together with my brand new sisters, I realize how grateful I am for all of them. I am a Pi Phi for life now.
Nineteen. It’s a big one. I’m not entirely sure I’m ready for it. At least I know that I am surrounded by so much love that it’s okay that I’m another year older.
In the next year, I am going to grow in ways that I can’t even imagine right now.